Pentatone is a leading classical music record label with outstanding artists, specializing in high quality recordings. The office with 15 team members is located in Baarn, close to Amsterdam and Utrecht.
The intern is working closely with our product manager. Product management is responsible for the creation of all our albums in close correspondence with artists and artist managers, up to the production with the factory and the market launch with our distributors and in-house marketing team.
Pentatone releases around 60 albums per year in various formats; CD, Vinyl and digital releases and digital products for Music providers like Spotify, Apple Music.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting Product Manager in daily operations
• General department administration
• Administrative support for projects
• Sourcing scores and libretti
• Edition/preparation of text materials for album artwork
• Catalogue inventory
• Occasional attendance at concerts and recording sessions
• Research & analyze industry trends
We are looking for someone with:
• A self-responsible, enthusiastic person with strong project management skills
• Good general communication skills and excellent English
• Preferably a basic knowledge of German and/or French and Italian
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to read music recommended
• Educational background in classical music/ music management
• Availability to work 16 – 24 hours a week
• The intern must be a current active student and be a citizen of the EU.
• Unique insights into the recording industry
• A young and motivated team
• A monthly allowance of € 160 – € 240 (depending on hours)
• Additional commuting support up to € 100/month
• Free drinks & lunch
• Free concert attendance
The internship takes 4 to 6 months (16 – 24 hours a week).
Starting dates: Middle of May 2018 and Fall 2018
Please send your application and motivation letter via email to :